Goldfish With White Patches

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by SaveThemAll1, Apr 20, 2018.

1. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

Hi, yesterday ive noticed 2 of my goldfish has a new patch of white color in a place that previusly was orange. one of them has it on his forhead and the other on the "connection " of his back to his head . Its weired that its came out of nowhere and in both of them in the same time. Do you hink it might be a disease? Ive attached videos, its not very clear ,but try to understand which is the fish that im trying to focus on.
    this is the first one

[​IMG]
    and this is the second, the patch is much smaller and harder to see, its onhis upper back right near his head

[​IMG]

2. Ziggythecat

ZiggythecatValued MemberMember

I’ve heard that if the fish has its head above the water a lot this can happen. But in not completely sure so don’t quote me on it. This has happened on my mollies but they usually heal by themselves.

3. Gypsy13

Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

I can’t see it. Do the spots look healthy or like a wound or fussy?
    That would be fuzzy autocorrect.

4. Goldiemom

GoldiemomWell Known MemberMember

It is really hard to see or I would tell you what it looks like. It doesn't appear fuzzy though.

5. OP
    OP
    S

SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

Its not fuzzy at all, it reflect light like the rest of theyr skin

6. Goldiemom

What size tank is that?

7. OP
    OP
    S

SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

its tiny. but its temporarly, its beacause theyr tank had bromen 4 days ago

8. Goldiemom

Oh, ok. It looked like a pet store tank with so many. Eventually all of the commons will have to go to a pond. Sometimes goldfish just turn white in some areas. Just watch it for awhile.

9. Gypsy13

Gypsy13Fishlore VIPMember

Goldiemom is right. Color changes as they get older are quite common. If the spots look the same as the rest of their shiny little selves and the fish are acting ok, it’s probably just spots. Here’s a pic of some of mine. I started out with all red. They’re still changing. Love my babies. Definitely need a pond. Keep us posted ok? :)

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice