Goldfish With White Patches

SaveThemAll1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi, yesterday ive noticed 2 of my goldfish has a new patch of white color in a place that previusly was orange. one of them has it on his forhead and the other on the "connection " of his back to his head . Its weired that its came out of nowhere and in both of them in the same time. Do you hink it might be a disease? Ive attached videos, its not very clear ,but try to understand which is the fish that im trying to focus on.

Ziggythecat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I’ve heard that if the fish has its head above the water a lot this can happen. But in not completely sure so don’t quote me on it. This has happened on my mollies but they usually heal by themselves.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can’t see it. Do the spots look healthy or like a wound or fussy?
That would be fuzzy autocorrect.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can’t see it. Do the spots look healthy or like a wound or fussy?
That would be fuzzy autocorrect.
It is really hard to see or I would tell you what it looks like. It doesn't appear fuzzy though.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, ok. It looked like a pet store tank with so many. Eventually all of the commons will have to go to a pond. Sometimes goldfish just turn white in some areas. Just watch it for awhile.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Goldiemom is right. Color changes as they get older are quite common. If the spots look the same as the rest of their shiny little selves and the fish are acting ok, it’s probably just spots. Here’s a pic of some of mine. I started out with all red. They’re still changing. Love my babies. Definitely need a pond. Keep us posted ok?

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom