Goldfish With Tumor Or Fungus? What Should I Do?

Cantfeelmyeyebrows

Reaction score
So I have a telescope eye goldfish and a black moor together in a 50 gallon “indoor pond” and I noticed a while ago that the telescope (her name is Plop) had a kind of opaque bubble on her tail fin. I dismissed it, but recently it’s been growing a lot. It’s now irregular and completely white and much bigger and I’m not sure what it is or how to treat? I don’t want it to grow any more. Please help!
(Tank is a mess because I’m in the process of cleaning and a water change!)
62CC90B3-9C54-4985-8656-933A70880200.jpeg
875D81B9-47FF-47BE-82E8-8FD514772C0F.jpeg

GuppyDazzle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Difficult to tell from the photos. One possibility is anchor worms. When you first see them, they look like fungus. Then eventually you'll see the worms pop out the side of the fish. Very nasty looking. The start growing under the skin, the explode out the side of the fish.

Again, not sure from the photos. If worms do pop out you can medicate, or pull the fish and use tweezers.

Cantfeelmyeyebrows

Reaction score
WhoKnows said:
Difficult to tell from the photos. One possibility is anchor worms. When you first see them, they look like fungus. Then eventually you'll see the worms pop out the side of the fish. Very nasty looking. The start growing under the skin, the explode out the side of the fish.

Again, not sure from the photos. If worms do pop out you can medicate, or pull the fish and use tweezers.
I’ll keep monitoring her. It was difficult to get good photos because she’s so active (I guess that’s a good sign) so sorry about that. Thanks for the advice!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom