Goldfish with other fish??

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Common goldfish can get 18" or more & are not tropical fish, keeping them in high temperature can shorten their lifespan, imo they're best kept in a pond

Reyes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Exactly, you will be mixing cold water with tropical fish. On top of that, 20g is not enough for 1 fancy Goldfish, let alone a Common.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Besides what's been mentioned about goldfish, lyretail mollies should have at least a 30g.....

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Besides whats already been said, goldfish as they grow will try and eat anything that will fit into their mouths including guppies. They're best with their own kind

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Besides what's been mentioned about goldfish, lyretail mollies should have at least a 30g.....
Although 5 lyretail mollies would make a 30g WAY overstocked, in terms of bioload, so he would need an even bigger tank in this case.

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Although 5 lyretail mollies would make a 30g WAY overstocked, in terms of bioload, so he would need an even bigger tank in this case.
Hmmm, I have four lyretails and many other fish in my 33 long but my plants take care of the bio-load so I guess some of that will depend on the setup. Lyretails aren't big like balloons. They get up to around 4" max long though like any other molly. Its funny because AQ Advisor only shows me at 80% stocked with my fish (below in my sig).

Are you thinking of sailfin mollies maybe?

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yea that's probably it. But the average person wont have the amount of plants you have, or the nitrate land plants, so they'd probably be overstocked.
Well thats true about the plants! You'd laugh if you saw my 10g with the 50 or so molly fry. Some are about an inch now so I'm going to see about taking them to the local pet store this weekend.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom