Goldfish With Axolotls?

bubblaroo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello!
As a disclaimer, I am fully aware of the risks that exist when housing Goldie's with axolotls. In this post I'm not looking to have those re-iterated, as my research so far has been extensive.

I am, however, looking for success stories in housing these two awesome critters together. When I talk success, I mean minimum 6 months without any deaths or amputations. I'd also love to know what it is that you think you did that helped you be successful. Please provide as much detail as possible and, if you have photos, a few photos would be grand too.

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well, I only know of 2 or 3 members here that keep Axies.

Might have more luck on a salamander forum, one member had success keeping a solid black Axie and black moor. But when he added a white axie w/ red gills, the black moor started eating its gills. Goldfish with Axolotl - Caudata.org

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have two axolotls and I have to say goldfish may seem like they could work. They are generally peaceful and get big enough to avoid the axolotls eat them. I am following, would like to see what other people say.

EDIT: I have been looking for something to put with my axo's for a while so will be interested to see what happens here.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom