Goldfish Tanks And Morphs

LilBlub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What size tank do you have, how many goldies and what kinds are they? Include pics so we can see your cute fishies! I have a 55 gallon with 2 fantails, 1 oranda and 1 black moor.
Fantail #1:
EEA188F2-ABC4-4B73-A5EF-19C2BA01E5E8.jpeg

Fantail #2:
EAE56DDA-0296-4655-B07D-E6F2B543F146.jpeg

Oranda:
FF58FD4A-7E78-4A7C-81FA-2F4572CB19DC.jpeg

Moor:
2E9FEB6F-76B8-4B7B-B552-CC439841F1B0.jpeg

Group shot:
5CE900E2-AF20-4EA2-B87D-83418D001A8C.jpeg

BettaFishyLuvr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have two only one in use. I’m cycling a 60 gallon for my goldies. I have three goldies in a 30 gallon. I know it’s bad. I do frequent water changes even tho I have a good filter. One of them was a rescue. They r all going into the 60 in the spring.
The first is my Black Moore Gilly
The second is my fantail PoopyButt(the rescue, also my favorite)
And the last is my oranda Potato
They r all babies right now and they eat... so much.
Also sorry the pictures r bad I just did a water change, they don’t like to sit still, and the tank is grey so it’s only good for housing the fish not for pictures
Wow your first fantail is gorgeous! Do you name your fish? Ik some people don’t but every single one of mine has a name lol

GoldFiska

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi LilBlub! I have Thai Orandas and 1 tiny ryukin in an 80 gallon tub. Here are a couple of em:

Phantom, my little panda oranda.
phantomnom.jpg

Clover the Lemonhead oranda:
DSC_5144.JPG

My darling little Ryukin named Chub. He is a cull but I still love him all the same.
chub.jpg

And last but not least, my 2 baby tosakins that are coming this Saturday! I have a 20 gallon bowl set up for them. They have not changed color yet, but they should turn red-white/orange in the next few months. They have perfect conformation as youngsters, and pure Japanese lineage, and I cannot wait to groom them out.
tosakin3.JPG

tosakin.jpg

BettaFishyLuvr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay Can I just say that Phantom is absolutely adorable! Cutest thing ever. I love tosakins but I’m extremely nervous about owning them haha my brain tells me I’ll end up killing them some hiw

GoldFiska

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay Can I just say that Phantom is absolutely adorable! Cutest thing ever. I love tosakins but I’m extremely nervous about owning them haha my brain tells me I’ll end up killing them some hiw
Thank you! She is a very sassy little goldfish.

Tosakins are definitely a bit difficult to keep. They have very specific requirements, many of which are the opposite of typical goldfish care. Just make sure you do the research...many "tosakins" i see for sale online are not real tosakins.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
125 with 7 goldfish:
3 ryukin
1 redcap oranda
1 red oranda
1 Pom Pom oranda
1 Black moor
(Soon to be) 1 panda moor

LilBlub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What type of fancy, @Bruxes and Bubbles? I assume a fantail?

I almost forgot to mention my fish’s names! Fantail #1 is Sola (Latin for alone, because she was a very sad little baby fish all alone in a tank when I found her. Now she’s happy and has plenty of buddies!). Fantail #2 is Paprika, oranda is Pumpkin, and black moor is Ebony.

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
What type of fancy, @Bruxes and Bubbles? I assume a fantail?

I almost forgot to mention my fish’s names! Fantail #1 is Sola (Latin for alone, because she was a very sad little baby fish all alone in a tank when I found her. Now she’s happy and has plenty of buddies!). Fantail #2 is Paprika, oranda is Pumpkin, and black moor is Ebony.
I believe so.

LilBlub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I love fantails. I want to try some more exotic goldfish morphs but I think I will always have at least one fantail in my tank. I started out with three baby fantails (Pudge, Lil Blub, and Sola) in a 10 gallon tank and my fish hobby has blossomed from that .

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom