Goldfish tank

Alasse

My 4ft (200 litre) goldie tank...it has 5 goldies in it....Marmaduke (male), Garfield (male), Mater (male), Phantom (unknown) & Scrat (unknown)

Top to bottom ~ Marmaduke, Phantom & Garfield

Another of the above 3 goldies

Marmaduke & Garfield

Top to bottom ~ Phantom, Scrat & Mater

Various other pics of the tank (previous set up)

TATOR

looks really good thanks for posting I wish I had room for another tank I have 2 at the time but would love to get atleast a 55g

Alasse

Thank you

I only have these 2 set up at present

I have also have empty a 4ft, a 3 1/2 ft, 2x2ft, various smaller tanks...just don't have the time to care for them all *L*

Alasse

I just went to do a water change....turned the light on (I have to keep it off as it raises the temp to high...summer here) and instantly noticed Marmaduke, Garfield & Phantom were not well

All three have ripped their finnage (from scraping against the decorations) and have dreaded white spot....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

So now onto the medication...poor babies...Marmaduke really doesn't look well at all ...white spot must be prevalent in the water here....it appears just after water chanegs everytime

Alasse

I ended up changing the entire decor in the tank around again to give them more open swimming room

The tank is quite cloudy...as is expected when totally redone. Frequent small water changes to come but it should settle ok. I'm going to see if I can pick up a carbon filter to help speed the clearing up

giz23mo

ive always loved goldfish but the hard thing about them is that their tank gets dirty fast. ihad to at least clean my tank ounce a week! ;D

Alasse

Some new pics.....I again had to empty the tank yesterday (due to noticing a slight lean...and discovering a wonky stand that needed repair), so while it was down I cleaned it all out and changed the decor again *L*

COBettaCouple

The tank looks great and those are some beautiful fish. How has their health & fins been lately?

Alasse

They have been really good....their fins are recovering beautifully, all the red veins are gone and are now regrowing. The smaller goldies are growing nicely. The smallest rescues, Phantom, had an odd shape to him, and was very scrawny, from stunting, he is now straightening out and looking really nice...though I doubt he will ever fully lose the funny kink in his tailend. All in all, I think they are doing really well. Due to te tank, technically being overstocked, I have to keep religeously to a water change routine...but I don't mind...I just love em to bits

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom