Help Goldfish Tank Size?

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What are the dimensions for the 33?
Commons can get pretty big and while the 33 would be good for a while for bio-load Commons like to swim alot. I have my fancy's in a 56 and they use the whole tank in their explorations.... A common would swim even more...

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What are you considering a common? Like are you talking about comets (feeders) or fancys or what I'm not sure I know what a common goldfish is. If it's a comet then your tank will be too small for even one. It'd be fine for while its small but you will stunt it's growth unless you move it to a massive tank or a pond. But let me know about what you mean by a common goldfish

gremlin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Commons and Comets are basically the same thing, the only real difference is that Comets generally have longer fins.

That said, I would not recommend either for a 33 gallon for it's whole life. They can grow up to two feet long. If you want to know if one will fit in your tank, take a couple of rulers and tape them together end to end so they make a 2 foot long stick. Float and swim it around the tank. If it bumps into the walls or the decorations or anything, then you know a fish will have the same problems. If you really want a goldfish in that tank, it would be okay for 1 or 2 fancy goldfish. They only grow up to about 1 foot.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom