55 Gallon Tank Goldfish tank ich breakout / Switch medicine

ejb101

Hi everyone, I have an ich breakout in my 55g goldfish tank, there are 6 juvenile fancies (all different breeds, mostly under 1 year old) and i’ve been treating with Seachem paraguard and leaving the aquarium sitting at 78°F (0 ammonia and nitrites, and about 10-20 nitrates since the tank is planted, pH around 7.2) and the ich has since spread to 2 other fish in the tank (visibly). I want to switch to ich x real soon but i’m afraid that the change in medicine will shock the fish and/or may cause fish loss. I would like to know what would be the best and quickest way to switch from paraguard to ich x by reducing the shock as much as possible, please ask questions if you need any more info, i’ll answer the best I can. any help is greatly appreciated!

Flyfisha

High ejb101.
Welcome to fishlore
Did you add any new fish recently?

Are you doing multiple water changes each week?
Have you been gravel vacuuming multiple times per week in order to remove the ich eggs.

What is your water change routine?

To save time and get straight to the point .
Changing up to 50% of the water every day should have all the medication gone in a couple of days. Changing water does not effect the cycle ? Are you of that belief?

Do you live in Australia? Because we have a heat resistant strain.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fawkes21
Replies
Views
Skavatar
Replies
Views
dcutl002
Replies