Goldfish Stocking

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by walkingspanish, Apr 14, 2017.

1. walkingspanish

walkingspanish Valued Member Member

I will be getting a 125 gallon very soon and was wondering how many large (one is the size of a grapefruit, I plan to get more like this) fancy goldfish I could comfortably have in my new tank. I want to get 2 Golden Dojo loaches, but as of right now I have a HUGE broadtail Ryukin and a Telescope that's about the size of my palm.

Please help!

2. Arades

Arades Valued Member Member

You could fit 9-10 fancy goldfish at the maximum including the loach!

3. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Comfortably, I would say 6-8 if you manage your tank very well and especially that size. One of my favorite aquarium youtubers SolidGold has 90 gallon "pools" where she keeps 8 or her GIANT telescope butterflies (she is an awesome fish keeper btw, and very conscious about how she sticks her tanks and such)

Hope this helps and best of luck!

4. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Dojo loaches need to be in groups of at least 3+.

I go by 20 gallons per fancy goldfish so I wouldn't put more than 6 in 125 gallons, although maybe less than that if you're also putting in 3 dojo loaches.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

8 being maximum in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  6. goldfishbeginner

goldfishbeginner New Member Member

Ohh a 125 gallon. Cool!

7. OP
    OP
    walkingspanish

walkingspanish Valued Member Member

I'm planning on getting two. Would they be okay just being a pair? I have some soft substrate they can burrow in and I don't have plants they can uproot because my goldfish eat whatever I put in the tank lol

I LOVE Solid Gold. Jenni introduced me to Dandy Orandas..... now I'm going to be in debt.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  8. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Ha! She's amazing. I love her telescope butterflies! Totally to die for :). I'm always surprised why she doesn't have more subscribers.

9. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Two would be perfectly fine, they will have a lot of space to grow & swim. Maybe some fake silk plants would be a good idea? It's funny that none of my goldfish eat my pond plants so I guess I'm lucky.

I also like Jenny from SolidGold, her videos are funny lately though because it seems like she is trying really hard to be more like Joey from King of DIY.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice