Goldfish reluctant to eat

PennineAcute

After cycling my filter, on 10 September, I puchased three fancy goldfish.

I orignally purchased the two smaller ones - Christino (orange), Ronaldo (orange and white). However, whilst I was at the store, I fell in love with one of the larger ones they had for sale - CR (brown). I am feeding them Tetra Japan Gold sticks.

The orange and white is not eating as well as the other two - and I think there is a bit of unintentional bullying. By this, I mean if the orange and white one is about to eat one of the sticks and one of the other two decide they want it, the orange and white one will give way. Of course, the larger brown is eating more than the other two.

The two smaller ones were the same size when I got them. The orange has increased in size compared to the other.

The fish is also not as active as the other two, but seems content and will swim around - but not as much.

Water parameters are perfect, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and between 20 and 40 nitrate when I do a weekly 50% water change.

Just wondering if people have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Goldfish.jpg
    Goldfish.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 5

BigManAquatics

Maybe try some pellets or flakes, too. Nice to switch it up a bit for the fish and they may be able to get a shot at a bit more food that way.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
Replies
Views
triviagirl07
Replies
Views