Goldfish Rehome

1. Ms rose

Ms rose Well Known Member Member

so im looking to rehome 2 fancy goldfish. 1 shubunkin baby and one small fantail goldfish.
    The fantail has been treated for ich in the past but is clear of it now, also both have been qt and are doing amazing.
    The reason i want to rehome is simple, when i started fish keeping i bought the fantail for my....10 GALLON TANK.... as i was unaware of the tank requirments.
    I figured well 10 is way bigger then the bowls they are normally kept in, then one day my husband thought he was doing something good and "saved the shubunkin" from the store and gifted me with it.
    I joined this forum and have learned (so much) that gold fish need large tanks. my biggest atm is 29 gallons. so its ok for now as they are small but will very soon outgrow this tank.
    I want to rehome, (pay for shipping only) these beauties to someone how has a CYCLED tank, and a large tttank (with proof of both)

If anyone is interested please messge me. thanx guys, i added a pic of each baby below..( the pictures are rubbish as i dont have a good camera, but will try my best to get better ones to anyone who askes for them)

edit to add: these are both amazingly beautiful fish. the pics do no justice. i put them in a small container to try to get good pics but the camera was just no good)

Attached Files:

2. MD_Plants

MD_Plants Well Known Member Member

I might be interested depending where your shipping from.

3. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

The Shubunkin is actually a pond fish and won’t be able to stay in a tank for long.

4. luckdown

luckdown Well Known Member Member

Sadly my pond isnt going to be setup for another 2 weeks. If they still need to be rehomed then I'll have a 300 gallon pond that'll be available to them.

Granted it won't be cycled yet however my smaller outside temp pond had cycled without a filter somehow so I honestly highly doubt the pond will have issues. Plus by the time they finish their quarentine the pond should be cycled anyways.

I know my situation isn't what you requested but I thought I'd offer since in the long run it'll be a better solution for them than a large tank.

5. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

I hate to say it, but it would be best for the fish if you split them up :(
    The shubunkin, as you know, will need a pond and grow much larger than the fantail, and unfortunately the fantail is much more of an aquarium fish and might not be able to get any food when placed with faster ones.

6. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubble Well Known Member Member

Can I see a picture of the shubunkin? I might be interested