Goldfish problems with eye

Josipa

Hello I need help, this is my first time having a fish for a pet, I have two bigger goldfishes and two small fishes that help clean the tank. I noticed a few days ago that one of my goldfish had redness around one of its eyes, and yesterday it turned fully black/bloodish and bigger than the other eye. I tried searching everywhere for what it could be but all I got was popeye disease and because it's just one fish and one eye that it could be an injury. An hour ago I wanted to isolate him, but while moving him he fell from my hand on the table, and there was blood left after him. I managed to put him back, but I am really worried since I still don't know what's wrong with him. He eats and swims normally and the only issue is the eye. If anyone could help in any way I will really appreciate it.

OutsideFoodBlob

Filling out the emergency template will really help us help you.
The only info I could readily find about your fish’s symptoms indicated that swelling or bleeding around the eyes can be caused by sudden ph swings but more commonly from low oxygen levels in the water. We need to know what type/s of filters and air supply you currently have. Plus a lot of other questions that the template includes.

If you do have any sort of spare filter or air stone you could add to the tank: I’d really encourage you to do that. It will get more surface movement and gas exchange happening.
Let me see if this link is ok:
Goldfish eye bleeding-diagnose symptoms and treat-gfe

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
Comet-Aurum
  • Question
Replies