Goldfish Please Help!!

Ashley Arcos

Reaction score

a couple days ago I bought 2 GloFish tetra and in the store they told me that they got along with goldfishes, and 2 days ago I noticed white dots on my goldfishes tails so I separated them from the GloFish , I went to the store and bought a DeCHLOR , but my goldfishes look sad, and their tails are slowly deteriorating, What can I do??

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You probably will need to treat for fin rot. Whatever the glofish brought into the tank is clearly affecting your fish. You will want something to treat fungus...so API Fungus cure might help as well as frequent water changes.

Cuqui

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ugh, I hate pet stores.
I don't know what the experts will say, but I've always kept a bottle with Methylene Blue handy for these situations. You can easily find it on Amazon. Don't get the stuff they sell at pet stores as those bottles have other chemicals added that your fish don't need and can defeat the purpose.

Just remember to follow any treatment you begin and then after that, put activated charcoal for 2 weeks to remove chemicals.
That and water changes.

I'm sorry about what happened to your goldfish and I really hope they get well soon. They are my favorite by far.

Ashley Arcos

Reaction score
Ugh, I hate pet stores.
I don't know what the experts will say, but I've always kept a bottle with Methylene Blue handy for these situations. You can easily find it on Amazon. Don't get the stuff they sell at pet stores as those bottles have other chemicals added that your fish don't need and can defeat the purpose.

Just remember to follow any treatment you begin and then after that, put activated charcoal for 2 weeks to remove chemicals.
That and water changes.

I'm sorry about what happened to your goldfish and I really hope they get well soon. They are my favorite by far.

Thank you so much , and I just got home and I seen that their fins are red like blood and idk if it’s because it’s working or something else

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom