Goldfish photos

Neville

hey guys we can use this post to post our goldie pics too, here is my new goldies.......

Please use your own photos, and not material from the internet.

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Armadillo

TheEssigs

here is my favorite ...

111.jpg

joy1125

my orandas

great fish everyone ! I'm really enjoying the photos !

Here's my red & white oranda in the 30 gallon

0608092002b.jpg

0611092037a.jpg

my new oranda, when she was in the qt

0611092032a.jpg

she's such a sweet fish, eats right out of my hand already!

0626091154a.jpg

Buddies !

0626091159a.jpg

joy1125

my fantail

here's my fantail when she was in the qt with my new oranda. I got them both together.

0612091749a.jpg

0614091511b.jpg

joy1125

Updated pics, 8/14/2009 Fish getting big !

0814091247a.jpg

0814091251a.jpg

0814091244a.jpg

oops, how did Abigail manage to get in here

abigail.jpg

shellbell4ever

my new babies

I just love these fish

shellbell4ever

And 2 more

Frick and Icky

samantha.h

Here's Jet and Chewy! I can't get very good pictures, they're very uncooperative.

My favorite picture is the last one.

Fitz

sanketahir1985

Here is my Goldiee

My goldiee is more than 1yr old

newatfishlore

My fantail has been in my tank for over a year and a half now. The calico has been with her for over six months now.

DeathBiscuit

my baby 'feeder' goldies, Rufus and Jenkins

fishaaaaaaayz 011.jpg

fishaaaaaaayz 035.jpg

fishaaaaaaayz 033.jpg

fishaaaaaaayz 100.jpg

grojobuendia

These are my two goldfish! Speedy is the calico fantail, and I am still trying to name my redcap oranda!

jroqnola

goldie.dec 2013.jpg

My "free" fair fish, Goldie! Just lost her after 2 years, 2 months. <sniff> She was huge! And, more like a dog than a fish.

clairefish

Here are my sweet fishies, my calico ryukin and gold fantail. It's been four months and I still can't settle on names! Pretty sure my ryukin is a girl though. The little gold one follows her around, and they play in the bubble wands all the time. Upgrading to a 55 soon and adding a third friend when things are settled

fishes1.png

fishes2.png

fishes3.png

tank2.jpg

Gavinpop1235

This is my goldfish aquarium 5 inches each

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lexi Van Renselaar

I know this is like 2 years later but these are my kids (big blue he passed away and I've recently acquired 2 comets named cherry and dash, 2 black moors names saviour and AJ, and a orange oranda that doesn't have a name yet ) my babies :
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1421386034.491059.jpg

hollie1505

Some of my gorgeous Goldies!

hollie1505

New baby Oranda. Little tiny baby!

hollie1505

Glorious Goldfish

hollie1505

This one is 450 litres. I'm in the process of setting up a 350litre for them and they also have a pond in my fish room.

Yeah. Those are growth photos. I do weigh them too but this is the simplest way to see how they're developing. Personally, I always keep them submerged when I'm holding them. They are used to being handled and swim onto my hand, have a treat and relax whilst I weigh and take a photo. It may look cruel but I promise you the fish are in no distress and are very comfortable being handled, they're great big softies!!

MollyPalooza

A few of my faves from over the years:

fargoright.jpg

chowderright2.jpg

newguy2.jpg

hulaxtremecloseup_zps167af73c.jpg

astrocloseup_zps3cd42521.jpg

waterlilykari

I know it's been awhile since I posted but I wanted to post a few of our newest little guy. Just a note - the bowl he is in in the first is only ever used as a temporary holding container during acclimation so I could examine him for signs of stress, illness, or injuries better than in a bucket! He went into a nice, roomy, clean, fully filtered 55 gallon tank when he was done acclimating!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1431916795.597303.jpg

I'm ready for my close-up!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1431917014.978931.jpg

I wanted to make sure he wouldn't turn into a free meal for the largest of our goldies (pictured) or the dojo loaches so he got the "extended acclimation." Essentially, if they tried to take a bite out of him, all they would get is a slight bump into the plastic walls and he would still be safe, and I would know it wasn't time to introduce him to the big tank yet.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1431917090.214268.jpg

Then finally...FREEDOM!!!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1431917419.658966.jpg

Pardon the kitschy "Atlantis" in the corner but we decided to reinstate it to give him a place to hide that the bigger ones couldn't fit if he needed it. He was the size of a Goldfish snack cracker and I am really hoping he keeps his coloring as it is in the pics. He really is that yellow, and his fin & tail tips are black edged. For whatever reason, I have never seen a yellow one in stores before, only in pics, so when my son spotted him in a tank at a specialty store we went to a couple weeks ago I couldn't resist. I know he is not the more desirable tall, rounded back and similarly round belly as a show quality or breeder ranchu but since I don't have plans for showing or breeding, he came home with us anyway.

waterlilykari

Oh, and while not mine, I couldn't help snapping a couple pics when I spotted this guy's unique markings while in our LPS:

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1431918043.625643.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1431918079.200773.jpg

Sorry for the blurring but let's just say there was no question about his health and activity levels! If I thought I could do so without pushing my luck too much and ending up with disastrous results with the aquarium stocking level of yet ANOTHER sizable goldfish, I would totally have taken him home with me and named him Zorro!

waterlilykari

Yep, it's official. My biggest goldfish is a chicken. Got a new tank recently and had put in both extra filter media in the filter and extra substrate in the bottom with the intent of using both methods to seed the BB of the new tank. Well, when it came time to take out some of the substrate from the Goldie's tank to add it to the new one, I grabbed a small net thinking nothing of it until I saw this:

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1435910396.553071.jpg

That's right, a goldfish the size of a hockey puck is afraid of a 3" net that I couldn't even fit around her tail if I wanted to, much less the rest of her!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1435910506.768573.jpg

"Is it safe to come out now? Is it gone?"

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1435910569.651886.jpg

"Nope, it's still here! I've gotta get myself a better hiding place!" She's even got the male to hang out over there and protect her, haha!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1435911121.342799.jpg

Meanwhile, the littlest of them - a bright yellow ranchu that is maybe an inch long and the only one who actually would fit in the net if I tried - is completely unafraid of the net. In fact, he was just cruising around within inches of the net at all times like he was expecting something tasty to shake loose from the gravel I was scooping up and wanted to be on hand to gobble it up when it did, lol

waterlilykari

Our newest little guy during a drip acclimation in a bucket along with the new plants we got at the same time today. Nobody can accuse him of being unfriendly, haha - my son put his hand in and the little ranchu just swam right over to check him out! They hung out like this for a couple minutes even though my son kept his hand deep enough in the bucket that the little guy could have swam away at any time so I just had to snap a picture.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436140486.719386.jpg

nandi08

This is Si. We know he is an oranda but what color is he considered?
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436481995.570093.jpg

Dadio

My Fancies "Bubbles & Friends"

Most of you've seen a few of my select koI and my tropical aquascape Ode to Avatar.

Here's a few of my other friends, "The Fancies"

Bubbles is an almost 9 year old female fancy. She is also best friend to Snackles and Princess 2 of my kois. Bubbles has spent most of her life in a pond up until just before Christmas 2014. She is now in a 55 gallon tank with no fancy setup (yet).

One of my koI a dragon scale butterfly named Diablo for some reason or other didn't take a liking to her and Bubbles ended up with badly ripped perfect long flowing fins but now healed some 8 months later, not as perfect as they were as the battle scars show. She is a graceful lady and has never seen a sick day in her life and as with snackles and princess is quite the traveller and gone through many environmental changes over the years

IMG_5165.jpg

This is Bubbles 3 year old friend "Dot"

IMG_5174.jpg

This is Bubbles friend "Cali" a 1.5 year old fancy.

IMG_5176.jpg

fallonrhea

My fish refused to make an appearance so I shall just show you their tank..

Scoutsfish

Here are my two I had for a little bit Bubbles the Oranda and Toothless the Moor. I sold them yesterday since I will be taking down the their tank and putting up a 10 gallon betta tank instead

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yisel Perez

HI everyone, i'd like to introduce one of my 3 babies Chunko <3

image.jpg

image.png

mothra

Comparison

I just wanted to post a comparisson photo of my Black Moor, Spider. When I first got him (bottom) and now (top photo). Used flash only for this photo.

image.jpg

Deb33

2 Oranda and 4 Ranchu ...It's impossible to look at a goldfish and not smile
zhao oranda.jpg

bronze oranda.jpg

juvenile ranchu friends.jpg

juvenile ranchu.jpg

ranchu.jpg

Lunnapr11

Deb33 said:
2 Oranda and 4 Ranchu ...It's impossible to look at a goldfish and not smile
zhao oranda.jpg

bronze oranda.jpg

juvenile ranchu friends.jpg

juvenile ranchu.jpg

ranchu.jpg
That Zhao Oranda is stunning!!! ️

Orandas are so animated, definitely my favorites!!! How gorgeous is my baby?!
c56e092d5e502fc5713088f37f29b939.jpg

Summer22

Here's a few of my biggest that's a year old. Her name is gold (she used to be solid gold but has morphed over time). She's about 6 inches from nose to tail.

This was when she was much younger....

My calico fantail as a youngster....

My black moore as a youngster....

Lunnapr11

This cutie pie was only $0.14 at PetSmart, I had to rescue him/her. Hopefully it is not sick.
I named it, Comet Dracula!

IMG_5885.jpg

b274bbc3627b7ecddf36fa63ef6d0a94.jpg

Summer22

Thanks Lunnapr ....let me try this again...

Summer22

Gold2.JPG

Lunnapr11

Lunnapr11 said:
That Zhao Oranda is stunning!!! ️

Orandas are so animated, definitely my favorites!!! How gorgeous is my baby?!
c56e092d5e502fc5713088f37f29b939.png
Color changes over time! Jane is so beautiful!
9a431ef754b3318f3fe46375ccfc8717.jpg

Lunnapr11

My new baby, Popcorn
bf2b971de261b29c874659d048624dfe.png

lookijustneedhelp

283585c7ba3c61ee3892b82a8aaa9b38.jpg

old groupshot... down to 2 by now

LilBlub

IMG_5795.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

The first picture is of my three fantail goldfish Lil Blub, Pudge and Sola (top to bottom) in their old tank, and the second is Pumpkin, my baby oranda, yawning.

Liz♡Gold

Everyone here has such beautiful goldies! Love them all!

Here is a picture of my baby, Copper!

Secret Oasis

Heres some Pictures of my Little Ryukin

DSC_0161.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

Klaus&Frannie

my klaus and frannie! I am in love
20170802_154051 (1).jpg

Sonya

I'm hooked! I can't stop buying gold fish

grantm91

Ive not thought about size but I'm uk, id have a heater for the winter, its just a thought for now as I have a reef and two fw that I'm still fine tuning and playing with, your goldies are beautiful though and make me want to do it, the basics would be a metal shelf drilled to the wall of my house for the tank to sit on then hole for the wires to come through for the filter and heater, and id probably put an airline through.
7098a727a0fcf63d1c4f4c86a01d36ab.jpg
before the hose pipe.

LilBlub

IMG_7057.JPG

Not the best picture because they were about to be fed and therefore were very excited, but here's my two newest goldies, Paprika and Ebony.

DoubleDutch

Couldn't leave the Asian restaurant in Mondorf Germany without taling a pic of their inside pond. Didn't look too bad (and the food was great)
4dd02a85b11504e7678d572a6d4e8f72.jpg

LilBlub

IMG_7055.JPG
A rather awkward group shot of all my current goldfish... Sadly I lost Pudge, my orange fantail, about two months ago.
From top left to bottom right are Ebony, Sola, Lil Blub (who got camera shy and decided to hide behind Sola, lol), Paprika and Pumpkin.

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom