Goldfish not eating and not energetic!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by trioracle, Aug 1, 2015.

1. trioracle

trioracle New Member Member

So ever since yesterday I noticed my goldfish is not as energetic as it used to be. he just sits there and doesn't eat and when I walked by he doesn't greet me. Before every time I walk by he always comes up and greets me but now he just sits on the bottom of the tank and doesn't do anything. I noticed his color starting to fade.

PH 6.8
    Ammonia zero
    Nitrite zero
    Nitrate zero but the yellow is starting to look like dandelion

I have three goldfish in a 60 gallon tank. I'm really worried that he's acting so strangely my other fish are doing fine and energetic as usual.

Him before
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462493.955833.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462513.817638.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462526.939308.jpg

Him now
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462546.082190.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462557.870845.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462574.681376.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462587.168236.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462611.931061.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462655.955429.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438462676.362091.jpg

You can see that his tail is starting to fade is something wrong with them I heard that black goldfish won't stay black forever and I'm kind of OK with that. I'm worried that he's sick or something because he's just not energetic as usual and he's just sitting on the bottom.

Sorry if this is hard to read I'm using text speech to write this.

Please help!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. OP
    OP
    trioracle

I did 90% water change yesterday and I usually do my water changes every 4-5 days I won't let it go above 10 on my nitrate scale.

3. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hi trioracle, welcome to Fishlore.

Beautiful Goldie!

What's the tanks water temperature? And what do you feed them?

4. OP
    OP
    trioracle

I found out is that his skills are in moving as much as if they were closed or clamped. Usually I could see the inside of his skills but now he's closing it shut and I can't see it anymore. Well I wouldn't say closed shut but it's not opening as much as it was before´┐╝

GILLS* not skills .sorry using speech/audio text haha

5. OP
    OP
    trioracle

Around 70┬░ and I just fed them peas today to see if it would help but he's not eating

6. OP
    OP
    trioracle

Thanks!haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice