20 Gallon Tank Goldfish (Moores) Please can anyone answer...

Muppybreeder16

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hey ehm yeah ok ive like had a 20 gallon tank for about a year now and all that has ever been in it was mollys and an algae eater... anyway my molly gave birth and had 75 fry but 3 of these turned out to be a cross between a guppy??... called muppies I think??... anyway I recently added 2 goldfish into the tank as I'm minding them for my cousin until she gets a tank.. ones a black moore and the other is a telescope.. anyway the black moore had gotten reallt big so I like was told how to see if she was pregnant and to my amazement white circular things came ou?.. yeah I didnt know what they were the dissapeared by the next day.. but shes a female the telescopes a female but my algae eater is male so.. I was thinking is it possible for an algae eater to cross with a black moore??>. if so what sort or breed of fish would it be??.. yeah and if anyones knows the gestation or average period of gestation for a goldfish can ye include it in your post?? thanks

Shine

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
An algae eater can NOT cross with a goldfish. The one laid eggs. The eggs are now gone because all the fish ate them. Goldfish are egg layers, not livebearers so there is no 'gestation period'

callichma

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to fishlore.

Watch your water parameters because your tank is overcrowded. Goldfish alone need a 20 gallon for the first and 10 gallon for each additional fish. You'll have to do more frequent water changes until your cousin gets a tank--make sure she gets the biggest one she can afford and adequate filtration as well.

I know you didn't ask for this information, but I don't want your happy tank to get sick.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good evening,

I have moved your thread from Freshwater Beginners to Cyprinids (Includes Goldfish)/Goldfish section of the forum.

Thanks!

Ken

New Threads