Goldfish laying on the bottom

beetlebug454

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 55 gal gold tank and one of my fancy golds is laying on the bottom, no other sine of illness.
Does anyone know of any reason why? Water parameters are fine to. Could this fish be pregnant, also what are the sines of pregnancy in a gold fish.
Thanks for you info,

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
My Goldfish do that when they're sleeping.
What time of day does it happen?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is it lying at its side?

Fish Ace

Reaction score
Your Goldfish has swim bladder the only thing you could do is nothing it is un - fixable :'( :'( :'(

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
If your fish has a swimbladder problem, there are a few things you can do to help the fish - they CAN live with swimbladder problems. Feed peas on a regular basis, for one thing. I have also heard that if you soak the food before feeding (if you feed pellet food) the fish will eat less because it expands slightly once it is full of water. If you feed it dry and it expands inside the fish, this creates problems. The fish will probably always have some problems but these things can help some sometimes. My best friend has 2 fancies and one of them has major swimbladder issues that cause him to float upside down a lot. We feel bad for him but we figure that for a fish with such problems, he has an excellent life - an owner who loves him and will fix him special food, and a clean tank (which is currently too small for the two of them but my friend is preparing to upgrade).

minty737

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. My black moor is lying on the bottom, and has been there all day (about 10am when i first spotted her, its 3pm now). I added a fungal remedy when i first saw it and have just started a 20% water change.

The weird thing is she was lying inside the ceramic jug ornament this morning, and the other goldfish was lying next to her. Keeping her company, how sweet. And now that the moor is lying outside the jusg, the other one swims around and has eaten (the moor tried to but didnt eat) and occasionally goes back to the moor and sits beside her. Its so sad but cute.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom