How long has the tank been running?
7/8 years
Does it have a filter?
Yes
Does it have a heater?
Yes
What is the water temperature?
82.2 Fahrenheit
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)
One Goldfish (around 12 years of age

Maintenance
How often do you change the water?
Every week
How much of the water do you change?
Around 50 percent
What do you use to treat your water?
Prime water conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
Yes I Vacuum the substrate

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish?
What do you use to test the water?
API Freshwater master test kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:20/40
pH:7.6

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish?
Twice a day
How much do you feed your fish?
I feed him Repashy food gel. Each cube Is around 1/2 inch thick. I cut them into smaller cubes and feed it to him.
What brand of food do you feed your fish?
Repashy food
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods?
No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish?
12/13 years
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms?
Around December
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms?
Lethargic, not moving much
Have you started any treatment for the illness?
Yes
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase?
No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all?
Before this he was very active swimming around and always bottom feeding. Now hes much more "clam" and sits at the top of the water and sits in one place for a very long time.
Currently he has bumps on his fins and tail. The tail is the most "infected". His tail and fins also have red streaks running through them. When this first started his eye became cloudy and then turned red. (His eye is now completely screwed up but he still can move the eye around.) Months later I noticed a couple bumps on his tail. I didn't think of much until it literally exploded. Within 2-3 weeks there were a ton of bumps on his tail but not his body. The rest of his fins have some bumps but not as many as his tail. Currently I'm treating him for Ich with Rid Ick Plus. It is the third day of treatment and I haven't noticed much. He also seems possibly constipated. He had an extreme bowel movement causing it to be spread throughout the tank and some still hanging on his behind. (This currently just happened) When this was taking place he immediately went to the bottom and laid there for a couple of minutes. He's now currently back up but not moving a ton. At this point I have no clue what to do and I need help. If anyone knows what this please reach out. It would mean a lot to me. Thank you.

Attachments

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Ok first take out the heater, goldfish are coldwater fish. A heater increases their metabolism and sort of "ages them faster"
It doesn't look like ich, the bumps may be tumors. I would increase your water changes, do a bunch of smaller ones a couple times a week to keep the water pristine.

Nick1958

Ghelfaire said:
Ok first take out the heater, goldfish are coldwater fish. A heater increases their metabolism and sort of "ages them faster"
It doesn't look like ich, the bumps may be tumors. I would increase your water changes, do a bunch of smaller ones a couple times a week to keep the water pristine.
I only added the heater to his tank because I started the Ich treatment. Otherwise I don't have a heater present in the tank. Typically the temperature in his tank is around 76 degrees. After the treatment I'll start doing more water changes.

Top Bottom