Goldfish Is Sick And Stress Sitting, Hillstream Loach Takes The Opportunity To Sit On Him

kujapirate1996

Valued Member
Reaction score
The loach bobs his head as if he is eating...?

I'm not sure why the loach is doing this, but the goldfish doesn't react... Is this cause for concern? Does hillstream loach suckering hurt a fish if he does it? This is just unexpected behavior....

Im sorry if this is the wrong forum.

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That doesn't look good at all.

Do you know why the goldfish is ill?

Hillstream loaches rarely do that. If they do it means they are not getting enough to eat. What he's doing there is trying ti eat the goldfish's slime coat which will harm the goldie. What are you feeding it?

kujapirate1996

Valued Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look good at all.

Do you know why the goldfish is ill?

Hillstream loaches rarely do that. If they do it means they are not getting enough to eat. What he's doing there is trying ti eat the goldfish's slime coat which will harm the goldie. What are you feeding it?
Hello, sorry for the late reply.

My tank has become infected with both septicemia and ich, and nobody was eating. Before that, on s normal basis, the loaches would get hikari algae wafers (the shrimp kind with good protein) or frozen foods, and I had lots of algae on my rocks. Or they would steal some,goldfish flakes lol. They were pretty energetic...

Since then, though, this loach has died :C

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom