Goldfish is sick and idk how to help

Janap

10 gallon tank
1 goldfish and 1 mystery snail

My tank does have a filter and we have had our fish Buddy for 6 years now. I do frequent water changes and clean the substrate. I bought an ammonia test kit awhile back and recently the level was 0.25. It has remained this for times before as well. Please be kind to me if I am missing anything this is my first post because I don’t know what is wrong with our fish!
One day about a week or two ago his spine started to curve and he was swimming in circles. Now he is very bent and swims upside down. I don’t know if this is TB or swim bladder. We have tried everything on Google and we don’t know if anyone has had any luck or experience with this before we decide to euthanize and take him in. Also a day ago he formed blood in his fin the picture shows that a bit too.
Please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 16

Seasoldier

Hi, welcome to Fishlore, you might want to use the disease template which gives us more information to go on to try & help, my opinion though going by the photo is that it would be kinder to euthanize this fish as when they get bent up like that they seldom recover.

Upvote 0

Janap

Thank you for your input. I saw online that clover oil is used or would you recommend a vet instead? I just want him not to suffer anymore he’s been with us for a long time.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
75 Gallon Tank HELP! Sick goldfish
Replies
Views