Goldfish is eating ALL the Cory Catfish(s) food

ButtercuptheOranda

First off tell me if I’m asking too many questions I just love my fish and would do basically anything for them
anyways I feed my goldfish new life spectrum goldfish pellets in the morning and at night and when I turn off the tank lights I put in small hikari sinking wafers for catfish but the goldfish immediately try and eat them and my biggest one like inhales them lol what can I do so my cories survive

by the way I tried adding more food but the goldfish still get to it first
I have 3 goldfish and 4 panda cories

WRWAquarium

Feed the corys at night when the lights are out. Works better for mine that share a tank with greedy angelfish.

Upvote 0

KayBee3

I agree with the above. Goldfish sleep as soon as the lights turn off, unlike cories. About 30 minutes after the lights go off you should be safe to drop the cory pellets in without fear of hungry goldfish snatching them away.

And no, you can never ask too many questions!

Upvote 0

ButtercuptheOranda

Feed the corys at night when the lights are out. Works better for mine that share a tank with greedy angelfish.
I do but the goldfish still eat them I’ll try and wake up late and feed them then

Upvote 0

KayBee3

Have you tried getting a cave or hide that the cories can get into, but not the goldfish? Then you could place the food inside the hide where the goldfish cannot reach.

Upvote 0

WRWAquarium

It is a pain.. I do mine a few hrs after tank lights go out just before I fall asleep. I have success feeding corys flake food too. Sprinkle some at surface for your goldfish and then release a pinch mid level in tank so it floats and settles on substrate. My peppered corys seem to like it.

Upvote 0

ButtercuptheOranda

Have you tried getting a cave or hide that the cories can get into, but not the goldfish? Then you could place the food inside the hide where the goldfish cannot reach.
thats a great idea

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
saalice729
Replies
Views
Bry
Replies
Views
TheeLadyG