Goldfish- How do you take care for them?

chris632

Reaction score
i was thinking to get Goldfish! can i please get advice on how to take care of them? ???Thank you

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Goldfish need cooler water than tropicals. 65-70F is just about right. 20 gallon for the first goldfish and an additional 10 gallon for each one after that. They are very heavy waste producers so they need this extra room. Mine eats shrimp pellets,floating kelp pellets, flakes and goldfish pellets. As well as any of the frozen foods the other fiah eat. I try not to feed the floating foods too often as it tends to cause some swim bladder problems.
Carol

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do not keep them with tropcial fishes. Do not keep them with coldwater catfishes, they suck the goldfish's eyes out. Be sure to cycle the tank.

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi i'm a new tank owner. i have two comets. one of my freinds advised me that the best tankmates for goldfish are other goldfish. he told me not to keep other tropical fish with goldfish. u should feed a goldfish only twice a day as much it can consume within a minute. if u overfeed them they will produce more waste.

manjil

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If u overfeed them not only they produce more waste but also they can die..

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom