Goldfish has serious fin damage

Artemis2

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello so I went away from my aquarium for a week, I had an automatic feeder set up with a 50-75%water charge before I left(it is a 30 gallon tank holding 2 goldfish, I’ve done this plenty of times before and they have been perfectly fine before. I also know that this is not an ideal situation for them so please reframe from blaming it on this, they are about to be moved). When I returned home from the week away I noticed today that one of the goldfish was missing parts of his fin(bits of all the fins). I tested the water parameters and they had a little higher than what the parameters normally are but not the worse it has been. What could be the cause of him missing so much fin? The decor has been the same so it I know it isn’t that. I will be adding photos of the damage tomorrow

aussieant32

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
swinging in the dark until there are photos.

When you say a little higher then normal, what exactly was higher and how high were they?

OP
Artemis2

Artemis2

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aussieant32 said:
swinging in the dark until there are photos.

When you say a little higher then normal, what exactly was higher and how high were they?
Here is the updated numbers along with a photo of my fishes fins. What is weird is the other one looks perfectly normal. These numbers are a little higher than normal due to the nitrates being high(normally the nitrates will raise to 40 after not being cleaned for 1.5week-2weeks this happens along with a rise of nitrites and ammonia)

OP
Artemis2

Artemis2

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Anyone have any suggestions? I’m struggling on what to do I don’t wanna pull him out of his tank if there isn’t much I can do. Please assist. Thanks

New Threads