Goldfish has big stomach

chirath

Hello all.
I'm Sri Lanka and new to this forum. I had a fish tank 20 years ago. So 5-6 months back I started again with 4 goldfish and 2 carps. all in one tank 22x10x10 (inch).
a few months back I noticed one goldfish's belly looks big and search on the web and looks he is sick. now i isolate him into the different tank and put aquarium salt. is there anything I can cure him? a red few articles on the web and look he got a kidney problem and lots of remedies are available. i

Thank you
Chirath

PurityNWhiteRoses

Hi! I think I can speak for everyone on this forum that you should fill out the Emergency form. Also, pictures of your fish would be helpful! Thank you! I hope your fish is okay!

jtjgg

#1 is he floating on his side or upside down? is he having problems swimming around? pictures will help. don't feed him for 3 days, see if it gets better. then feed some peas or green leafy veggies.

#2 your tank is about 9-10 gallons. way too small for that many fish. each goldfish needs about 20g each. the carps (koi) are going to need a pond or about 100g per fish.

chirath

#1 is he floating on his side or upside down? is he having problems swimming around? pictures will help. don't feed him for 3 days, see if it gets better. then feed some peas or green leafy veggies.

#2 your tank is about 9-10 gallons. way too small for that many fish. each goldfish needs about 20g each. the carps (koi) are going to need a pond or about 100g per fish.
Hello

thank you for the update. i'm trying to share the video with a link and seems there is an issue

goldfish.mp4

tying again

jtjgg

i can see the video, he does look a bit bloated, and appears to have some trouble swimming around.

do you have a water test? what are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH?

how often do you do water changes and how much water is changed?

PurityNWhiteRoses

Maybe you could try some veggie pellets? Might help clear him out a bit if you know what I mean.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
TheFishOfSteel
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishKeeper332
  • Question