???Goldfish & Guppy???

AngelSta

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was just looking at the goldfish profile and it says that they can live in water up to 27oC. what do you think about putting a couple of guppys in there with the temp. around 25oC? Would it be alright?? Is there any other reason why goldfish and guppys are not compatible?
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
AngelSta ;D

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Guppies are tropical fish, and goldfish are not. Guppies need a warmer temperature than goldies in their tank. Goldfish are also very messy, and have different dietary needs than guppies do, so it would be a struggle getting them both their proper nutrition.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The goldfishes get too big for the guppies anyway.

starshine

Reaction score
O.K., please nobody yell at me!! I have coldwater and tropicals in my 30 g., see below. Now, I realize that they have different needs, etc., and I will eventually have another tank to divide the two types. I (unfortunately) got my goldies under recommendation from someone who didn't know what they were talking about and before I knew better. Now they're wonderful pets and I could never part with them, yet I currently lack the space and cash for another tank. So, I am very VERY careful about monitoring my tank until I can do something about my predicament. My goldfish are living in the warmer end of their acceptable spectrum, and my tropicals are at the cooler end of theirs. As for food needs, there are several things that everyone loves, brine shrimp, bloodworms, and veggies. Then, I feed their flakes, etc. different times, tropical after goldies because the goldies are pigs. Thus far, my situation is working out quite well. It's not ideal, but it's working temporarily. Guppies wouldn't live 15 minutes in my tank. My goldies have eaten two smaller fish in the past and I think they would do it again. The moral of my story is: GO TO FISHLORE.COM AND GET EDUCATED BEFORE BUYING FISH!! It's a wealth of knowledge on here!

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
please, don't keep guppies with goldfish....goldfish will eat all the food before the guppies can reach it so your guppies will die because of starvation, goldfish may alos eat your guppies.

AngelSta

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was just curious maybe to pretty up my orange goldfish tank a bit! But ithink i'll spare the guppy's the torture and give them an ideal inviroment . Has anyone got any ideas on pretty coldwater fish that i can put with my goldfish?
Thanks ;D
AngelSta

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom