Goldfish got stuck

Sarah1230ox

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey so i heard some splashing about just now then noticed i couldn't see one of my fantails! Found him stuck between my two filters....he likes to squeeze himself into gaps for food. He was there about 10 mins til i realized and freed him hes swimming with the other fantail now, ive just added some stress coat will he be okay?! I couldn't see no injuries but will have a better look in the morning! Is he likely to die from the stress? :(

Woodsman27

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
As long as he doesn't have any signs of injury he should be fine... just watch out for signs of ick and try not to do anything out of the ordinary that might stress him out i.e. wc, trimming plants, ect.

OP
Sarah1230ox

Sarah1230ox

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Woodsman27 said:
As long as he doesn't have any signs of injury he should be fine... just watch out for signs of ick and try not to do anything out of the ordinary that might stress him out i.e. wc, trimming plants, ect.
Okay thank you! I was due a wc tomorrow, shall i leave it a day or two then?

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If he is acting fine, no sign of injury I would just observe him for a few days. I don't really see why you can't do a water change as usual?

Woodsman27

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Awesome! yeah wait a day just to be safe. Very good doing 2 wc a week btw! You are a good parent :)

OP
Sarah1230ox

Sarah1230ox

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
flyinGourami said:
If he is acting fine, no sign of injury I would just observe him for a few days. I don't really see why you can't do a water change as usual?
Okay thank you! He seems okay, dont wanna turn the lights on and make everyone freak out right now so will look him over in the morning :(

Woodsman27 said:
Awesome! yeah wait a day just to be safe. Very good doing 2 wc a week btw! You are a good parent :)
Okay thank you! Aww thanks Yeah i probably dont need too! But i like to be on the safe side hehe

OP
Sarah1230ox

Sarah1230ox

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He is all good today! Eating acting normal, ive moved the filters further apart so he cant get stuck again! Roll on changing to an external soon! thank you both

New Threads