Goldfish gill red/swollen

Goldielux

My goldfish has had a flipped gill since he was tiny, I tried once to flip it back and it didn’t want to budge so I’m assuming it was a birth defect? Anyway hasn’t appeared to cause any issues thus far. I can see his gill function which is actually kind of neat.
anyway, since I can see inside his gills regularly they’re always a nice bright red/pink color and today I noticed a dark red inflamed area and I’m wondering if anyone has some advice on what I can treat either him or the water with… I have nerite and mystery snails in the tank along with another fancy goldfish.

Tigerburp

My goldfish has had a flipped gill since he was tiny, I tried once to flip it back and it didn’t want to budge so I’m assuming it was a birth defect? Anyway hasn’t appeared to cause any issues thus far. I can see his gill function which is actually kind of neat.
anyway, since I can see inside his gills regularly they’re always a nice bright red/pink color and today I noticed a dark red inflamed area and I’m wondering if anyone has some advice on what I can treat either him or the water with… I have nerite and mystery snails in the tank along with another fancy goldfish.
Possibly a ammonia related issue, what are your water parameters?

JuDom

Possibly a ammonia related issue, what are your water parameters?
This is my thought also..

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
Replies
Views
Amber110
Replies
Views
AquaticQueen
Replies