Goldfish Gill Flap Folded or Torn??

msoomro

I noticed that I could see my goldfish's gills on one side and I can't tell what happened. It seems that the gill flap is either folded into itself or has been torn off and is now swollen. I haven't found any case like this being discussed so I am wondering what I am supposed to do. He is moving and eating normally. I have attached photos of both sides. Please let me know what treatments I should pursue.

Attachments

• 20220116_173159.jpg
    20220116_173159.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220116_173228.jpg
    20220116_173228.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220116_173210.jpg
    20220116_173210.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 7

TropicalFlow

This goldfish looks large in the belly. First things first it looks like there's definetky some irritation kn his gill area . I can't tell from pictures but does it look like it good be flapped over? Also you could move him to a separate tank, if possible. Then you could maybe put some stress coat for starters in it. Very beautiful Goldie thats for sure

jtjgg

one of my comets is missing a gill plate since i got him from the store.

is this new or was it always been like that?

there's nothing you can do but keep up with water changes and keep the water parameters 0,0, <20ppm. remove any sharp or jagged decorations.

full.jpg

Heat20

there's nothing you can do but keep up with water changes and keep the water parameters 0,0, <20ppm. remove any sharp or jagged decorations.

full.jpg
Your tank is beautiful!

TropicalFlow

full.jpg
Your fanks beautiful but it needs to be bigger for 5 goldfish. Otherwise , I'm in love with the colorway

jtjgg

Your fanks beautiful but it needs to be bigger for 5 goldfish. Otherwise , I'm in love with the colorway

its 4 comets, the tank is 75g, plus a 29g sump tank underneath, its about 95g total.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JuDom
Replies
Views
TheeLadyG
Replies
Views
Over It
Replies
Views