Goldfish future colors?

Jim2195

Hey everyone.

So I have about 15-19 common goldfish fry in my backyard pond, most of them are orange with white bellies. These goldfish were born in the pond, raised in an indoor tank, and released back to the pond afterwards.

We had moved into the house one year ago, and the previous owners left behind the koi pond, including the adult goldfish and koi. The adult goldfish are the parents of the fry.

The funny part is that six out of the nine adult goldfish are plain white, some of them are pinkish, some are more yellower. One is sarasa and two are red-orange.

I was wondering if its possible that some of the white adult goldfish were orange or sarasa at one point, but faded to white. I'm also curious if the baby goldfish will lose their orange or keep them.

Here is a picture of some of the fry:

63CAB02E-C0DE-4AF4-93F1-E58C00E2511B.jpeg
6D288BCD-624A-449E-B226-4B00333000CA.jpeg
85BFCEBB-9AD2-4316-B4D4-81B48B43215C.jpeg
Most of the goldfish look similar to rhe one in the third photo.

Myyyman

It looks like you have comets rather than commons, comets range in colours from gold to white to orange and sometimes they're all mixed up together. It's pretty normal.

some will stay golden some may colour up all white and some may be half golden half white I have the same goldfish in my tank one is fully white now

Jim2195

It looks like you have comets rather than commons, comets range in colours from gold to white to orange and sometimes they're all mixed up together. It's pretty normal.
I am 99% sure they are common goldfish. Comets have long forked tails, whereas commons have short tails with rounder ends. Nonetheless, Commons and comets have the same coloration. At the pet store, commons and comets are in the same tank mixed up. However, these fish that I have are not store bought. They were born in the pond and raised in my house. I do not have any comets in my pond so far, although I am planning on buying some!

some will stay golden some may colour up all white and some may be half golden half white I have the same goldfish in my tank one is fully white now
Thank you for replying!

Do you know if there is a greater possibility of some of them turning white since most of the adult fish are white?

your welcome and yes

Myyyman

I am 99% sure they are common goldfish. Comets have long forked tails, whereas commons have short tails with rounder ends. Nonetheless, Commons and comets have the same coloration. At the pet store, commons and comets are in the same tank mixed up. However, these fish that I have are not store bought. They were born in the pond and raised in my house. I do not have any comets in my pond so far, although I am planning on buying some!
Sorry to pester you but are you sure? Because I have a gold comet in a pond with a rounded tail. I may be wrong but they sure look like comets.

they are gold fish not commits and yes they will turn white

Cinabar

Comets are a breed of goldfish lol

Myyyman

Not necessarily, not all of them will be white, some will be orange and gold as well.

NevermindIgnoreMe

K guys listen to OP, commons have normal fish tails, comets have long trailing tails. (Like a COMET, which they were named after. Also they are the only U.S. made breed of goldfish.
All goldfish, especially young ones, can change color and most do at least a little over their lifetime, it's completely normal.

Myyyman

K guys listen to OP, commons have normal fish tails, comets have long trailing tails. (Like a COMET, which they were named after. Also they are the only U.S. made breed of goldfish.
All goldfish, especially young ones, can change color and most do at least a little over their lifetime, it's completely normal.
There you have it, guess I was wrong. But I'm still a bit suspicious, going from orange to white is a big transformation.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AverageDewdrop
Replies
Views
Gourami36
Replies
Views
Jim2195
Replies
Views