Goldfish Friendly Live Plants

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you only stocking one Sarasa in the tank? They are really more suitable for ponds. You can only have one in that size tank. Mine would also eat the shrimp. Goldfish really prefer a companion. How about several fancy goldfish?

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh good - I see you found the goldfish forum ... I was just trying to figure out how to link it.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a trick - feed lots of duckweed.

This turns the attention of the goldfish to the top so they won't bother the plants at the bottom too much.

The best plants are java fern, hornwort, and anacharis IME.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You would only be able to have one sarasa in the tank and you shouldn't put any fancies in the tank due to the fact that the sarasa will out-compete them for food.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would omit the sarasa and add the fancies. OneLittleBubble is correct, they could not be put in together but as I already stated, if you go with a Sarasa, it will be all the tank can handle.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
TheeLadyG said:
So far mine decimated duckweed, but have left my Marimo balls alone. They're not very big though, so that may be factoring in.
Yeah, I just read an article earlier today that said they will gobble down duckweed. I had thought about this post from yesterday.

TheeLadyG

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
it was SO funny.. I added these two little guys and a couple of handfuls of duckweed given to me by the pet shop at the same time. They would get up under one and suck the root and tiny leaves down like a spaghetti noodles :hilarious:

Alternately, what I have done is rescued the duckweed that was left and put it in a pretty bowl with some tank water, I'm going to let it grow there and then transfer it for them to eat/play with as it grows. You could try that too?

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would suggest a floating plant ring. It will keep the duckweed corralled, and then you can feed it as desired.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom