Goldfish Food Question

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Henrique Da Costa, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Henrique Da CostaNew MemberMember

I have a new baby oranda and I’ve been feeding him some omega one small goldfish pellets , but about how many should I give if I’m feeding twice a day , considering he’s still a small fish? I just want to make sure what I’m giving isn’t too small or too much.

2. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

The general rule of thumb is to feed about the size of the eye, but since goldfish don't have stomachs, it's better to space out feedings more than other fish. If you can only feed twice a day, that's totally fine, feed about two eyeballs worth of food per day. If you can space it out a bit more, that would be best, but not necessary.
    I love goldfish, and it's great to see people who know about the nitrogen cycle keeping them :)

3. Henrique Da CostaNew MemberMember

Thank you for the advice , I appreciate it !! :)

4. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

No problem!! We're here to help, we've got a couple of good goldfish keepers here, so we'll be able to help if you have more questions :)

5. Henrique Da CostaNew MemberMember

Im glad to hear that, keeping fish can be pretty difficult unfortunately!!

6. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Especially goldfish! So many people think they're great for beginners, but they get so big!

7. Michael.j.gomezValued MemberMember

Hello, goldies are known grazers in wild so to remedy this I usually keep a piece of cucumber in tank for them to snack on(seems to keep swimming issues in check). You can also feed peas(boiled skin removed). Hope this helps! 20190326_173117.jpg

8. Henrique Da CostaNew MemberMember

Thank you so much :)

9. Henrique Da CostaNew MemberMember

Definitely not a beginner fish !!