Goldfish floating upside down and pineconing

pattersonbear

Hi all,
My 1? year old male oranda goldfish has started floating upside down and this morning I noticed he had started pineconing. He can't right himself in the water, and before he was upside down he could only float at the top of the water which caused damage to his fin. I've been trying keeping the tank nice and feeding him peas along with his regular food, but it's hard to feed him because I have to reach into the water and turn him over and then bring the food to him. Along with all of this, my tank is going through a huge green water problem, which I'm also working on fixing. The parameters are fine (0,0,10-15). I understand that this is probably a swim bladder issue and that I might not be able to save him.

Potato1

Hi all,
My 1? year old male oranda goldfish has started floating upside down and this morning I noticed he had started pineconing. He can't right himself in the water, and before he was upside down he could only float at the top of the water which caused damage to his fin. I've been trying keeping the tank nice and feeding him peas along with his regular food, but it's hard to feed him because I have to reach into the water and turn him over and then bring the food to him. Along with all of this, my tank is going through a huge green water problem, which I'm also working on fixing. The parameters are fine (0,0,10-15). I understand that this is probably a swim bladder issue and that I might not be able to save him.
I haven't owned any goldfish in years. In my experience, if one of my fish start pineconing I usually have to euthanise them :( Hopefully someone who has more goldfish knowledge can help. Best of Luck

Upvote 0

pattersonbear

I think it could be dropsy? Maybe?
If someone can help me figure this out, please, please do.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PeggyH
Replies
Views
SuhailMMulla
Replies
Views
Madchild57
Replies