Goldfish Companions???

1. x

x5ayin5x Initiate Member

I recently upgraded my 2 fancy goldfish (one 2.5" Oranda and one 2" Black Moor (excluding tails)), to a 30 gallon hexagon tank. I was just wondering if there are any schooling fish I can add to the tank that would be compatible with my goldfish. All help is appreciated!!

2. n

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

that tank is maxed out, I don't think you should add any more. Goldfish should have 20 gallons for the first one and 10 gallons for each next one.

3. j

jim55379 Member Member

No don't add anything else. They grow pretty big as I am finding out. And no tropicals since they like about 25 celcius and goldfish are happy at around 19 celsius :) ::)

4. n

newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yeah plus that kind of goldfish gets really big. Sorry :-\, but hey the fish you have will be fun to watch! Fancy goldfish are cool, but I don't have a big enough tank :(

5. S

Sym Initiate Member

Hi!!  i was just wondering what temperature is best for goldfish??  can you keep them in a tropical tank??

6. j

jim55379 Member Member

Absolutely NOT. Goldfish are considered cold water fish and like the temp around 19 celsius while tropicals range from 25-28 degrees celcius. Also goldfish will probably eat all the food before the tropicals get a chance... 8)