Goldfish Community Maintenance 75 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Mrs.Price, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Hi there :)

I just recently upgrading from a 29g to a 75g, when I had my 29g up and running I was slightly overstocked (1 ryukin, 2 comets and 6 danios) and remedied this with overfiltration (Fluval C4 Power Filter), a 3gal water change a day and a 50 Percent water change weekly. I now have a 75g which is currently housing 1 Ryukin, 1 Moor, 1 Fantail, 1 Oranda, 11 danios, and 1 small comet I will be finding a pond for once the weather worms up. My question... I had a perfect maintenance schedule in my 29g and the water was immaculate, now that I have a 75g that isn't nearly as overstocked, how often do you think I should be changing the water? I'd like to keep up with a small water change a day and a bigger one every week, as that seems to keep all of them very happy, however, I'm not sure how much I should be changing a day or weekly now, and if there would be a better maintenance schedule. What are your thoughts on this?

2. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

I don't have a goldfish tank but I have a fully stocked 75 gallon community tank. I top off what evaporates during the week and do a roughly 25% water change weekly. My water parameters stay good doing it that way and the fish seem very happy.

3. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I'd test your water over the course of a week, see how long it takes them to build up waste. This will help gauge how large of a water change is needed. I like to do 50% water changes weekly on all my tanks. With my Angel breeders I usually do 90%. In this case, more is better :D

4. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Thanks to all who responded :)

5. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Cripes... After reading this post you guys make me feel like I am slackin on the water changes....

6. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

You probably are! hehe

7. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Grrr probably...

8. EthanWell Known MemberMember

i always slack on water changes... 10% water changes every week mhmmm

9. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Quite a few New Yorkers on this Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice