75 Gallon Tank Goldfish Community Maintenance

Mrs.Price

HI there

I just recently upgrading from a 29 gallon to a 75g, when I had my 29 gallon up and running I was slightly overstocked (1 ryukin, 2 comets and 6 danios) and remedied this with overfiltration (Fluval C4 Power Filter), a 3gal water change a day and a 50 Percent water change weekly. I now have a 75 gallon which is currently housing 1 Ryukin, 1 Moor, 1 Fantail, 1 Oranda, 11 danios, and 1 small comet I will be finding a pond for once the weather worms up. My question... I had a perfect maintenance schedule in my 29 gallon and the water was immaculate, now that I have a 75 gallon that isn't nearly as overstocked, how often do you think I should be changing the water? I'd like to keep up with a small water change a day and a bigger one every week, as that seems to keep all of them very happy, however, I'm not sure how much I should be changing a day or weekly now, and if there would be a better maintenance schedule. What are your thoughts on this?

oscarsbud

I don't have a goldfish tank but I have a fully stocked 75 gallon community tank. I top off what evaporates during the week and do a roughly 25% water change weekly. My water parameters stay good doing it that way and the fish seem very happy.

Cichlidnut

I'd test your water over the course of a week, see how long it takes them to build up waste. This will help guage how large of a water change is needed. I like to do 50% water changes weekly on all my tanks. With my Angel breeders I usually do 90%. In this case, more is better

Mrs.Price

Thanks to all who responded

AnthonyC4C

Cripes... After reading this post you guys make me feel like I am slackin on the water changes....

Cichlidnut

AnthonyC4C said:
Cripes... After reading this post you guys make me feel like I am slackin on the water changes....
You probably are! hehe

AnthonyC4C

Grrr probably...

Ethan

I always slack on water changes... 10% water changes every week mhmmm

AnthonyC4C

Quite a few New Yorkers on this Forum

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom