Goldfish Changing From Gold To Black

leogirl82

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi all,
I got recently got a new Ranchu goldfish . He is bi-colored orange and black. When I brought him home two weeks ago he had a little black mustache. Now the black is spreading on his head. Body color is the same. He is eating like crazy and swimming actively. He is the third fish added to the tank and the only one with color changes. There are 3 young goldfish in a 75 gallon, cylced tank. Parameters are Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0 Nitrates 40. It has a SunSun 350 HB and a Fulval 50 hob for filtration. It is water change day. I also think I need to start feeding them less. Hope's are to add one more goldfish and a bristlenose pleco. I've read the other posts and am wondering if it could be anything other than ammonia burns ( since readings are 0.) This is the best I could get since he's so active. ( again its the Ranchu with the marking changing.)
15247780875141274373336575909523.jpg

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not expert on goldfish but it could be that your fish was stressed and now it’s colors are coming out. Happens with bettas all the time

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It’s usually the black that fades but he is definitely turning black. That is not ammonia burn. Goldfishcan change colors as they get older. He looks young. Very cute and healthy!

leogirl82

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh, great news! Thank you, I think he's so cute too! I love the goldfish personality and I hope he's around for a long time!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom