Goldfish Bowl

Rtessy

Screenshot_20190322-111346.png

Screenshot_20190322-111357.png

Y'know, I love these dudes, but they can be really dumb sometimes. I moved the plant, he backed out all the way up his eyes, then swam forward back into the bowl. I had to physically grab him out of there. 2 seconds later he got stuck in the little houses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190322-111421.png
    Screenshot_20190322-111421.png
    478.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_20190322-111427.png
    Screenshot_20190322-111427.png
    471.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20190322-111627.png
    Screenshot_20190322-111627.png
    287.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20190322-111632.png
    Screenshot_20190322-111632.png
    273.1 KB · Views: 180

fish 321

Hey now we get to see what a goldfish in a bowl looks like.

Rtessy

Hey now we get to see what a goldfish in a bowl looks like.
Very unhappy, lol

Platylover

Ha! That’s humorous. Silly little thing.

jjohnwm

Terrific photo!

I read the thread title...rolled my eyes...thought "oh no, not another one..."...then saw who the poster was, and switched to "What? No way!"

Then I clicked on it, took a look and laughed out loud; did not see that coming.

I just read the thread on cold water and fish intelligence; I guess you must keep your goldfish at about -30 degrees?

Platylover

Terrific photo!

I read the thread title...rolled my eyes...thought "oh no, not another one..."...then saw who the poster was, and switched to "What? No way!"

Then I clicked on it, took a look and laughed out loud; did not see that coming.

I just read the thread on cold water and fish intelligence; I guess you must keep your goldfish at about -30 degrees?
Haha, must be very cold in that tank. But he more than makes up for any silliness by being adorable.

fish 321

Those pictures make me want to get goldfish now.

Coradee

Aah bless him, goldies can be such characters in a goofy way

Rtessy

Ha! That’s humorous. Silly little thing.
Yeah, I've got a little bitty Oranda that kept getting stuck behind the filter too :/

Terrific photo!

Lol, yeah, clickbait titles work!! It's actually -100, hence the reason he got stuck right after too, lol

Haha, must be very cold in that tank. But he more than makes up for any silliness by being adorable.
Yeah, I love little Ranchus!

Those pictures make me want to get goldfish now.
Do it! Get a nice 60 or 75 and buy 4-5 of the little buggers

Aah bless him, goldies can be such characters in a goofy way
That's part of their charm! They're just so ridiculously funny, even my common!

Swlws

now I want a goldfish in a goldfish bowl in a big tank and I'm not even a big fan of goldfish (*)

* yet

Rtessy

now I want a goldfish in a goldfish bowl in a big tank and I'm not even a big fan of goldfish (*)

* yet
Have you seen those inverted pond bowls? Those are pretty cool, and the fish doesn't get stuck, lol.
(Get the gooooldfisssh)

Platylover

Have you seen those inverted pond bowls? Those are pretty cool, and the fish doesn't get stuck, lol.
(Get the gooooldfisssh)
You mean where they put a tank or something above her waterline on some cement blocks and fill it with water? I’ve honestly contemplated doing something like that on my tank, but I don’t have a good way to do it...

Rtessy

You mean where they put a tank or something above her waterline on some cement blocks and fill it with water? I’ve honestly contemplated doing something like that on my tank, but I don’t have a good way to do it...
Yeah, that thing! I'm not sure how you'd do it in a normal tank either, lol. The stand for it would probably put too much pressure on the base...

Swlws

(Get the gooooldfisssh)
I haven't see them, just googles it, I WANT A POND! end of discussion! hmmm, just need to find a yard I'm allowed to "vandalize" seeing as though I'm renting

Platylover

Yeah, that thing! I'm not sure how you'd do it in a normal tank either, lol. The stand for it would probably put too much pressure on the base...
Yeah, you’d probably have to do something to where the weight is equally distributed. Perhaps even where the stand is attached to the top...

I haven't see them, just googles it, I WANT A POND! end of discussion! hmmm, just need to find a yard I'm allowed to "vandalize" seeing as though I'm renting
You don’t need to necessarily vandalise anything, just accidentally drop to cement bases, a tank, and accidentally fill it up with water.

CandyCane701

I believe they're called above water tanks. I really hope to have one someday because they're so nice to look at.

Platylover

I found a video with someone filling them up in regular tanks, I think it might be possible if you do it right. Hm...
I believe they're called above water tanks. I really hope to have one someday because they're so nice to look at.
I think they’re also called inverted tanks. They seem to have a lot of different names. That’s interesting.

CandyCane701

I found a video with someone filling them up in regular tanks, I think it might be possible if you do it right. Hm...

I think they’re also called inverted tanks. They seem to have a lot of different names. That’s interesting.
Yup, you're right. They appear to have all kinds of names.

Rtessy

This is unrelated, but we all have dream tanks, right?
Well, my dream tank, a few years off but I've already started saving, lol, is an 11'x3'x1.5' (small because I have tiny arms, and having to grab this little dude out of 2' of water was rather difficult) ~380 gallon tank for them.
Ofc, I am in college, but I'm not quite at "broke college student", but I still gotta get a house, so that's why it's on hold.
Anyway, how awesome would it be to have a huge water bridge going across the top of that?! I wouldn't even need two tanks because it's so big!
Then again, my fish are kinda idiots, so I'm not sure how good of an idea that is ...

CandyCane701

That sounds really cool. I've wanted to do some type of above water bridge or tank or even connect two tanks through a bridge for several years now, but I haven't. I was just talking today about how cool it'd be to have a pond someday with like a several hundred gallon above water aquarium sitting on it. If it was visible from my front porch I'd probably just live outside observing whatever came up into the tank from the pond. I fantasize about aquariums too much. Lol

Rtessy

That sounds really cool. I've wanted to do some type of above water bridge or tank or even connect two tanks through a bridge for several years now, but I haven't. I was just talking today about how cool it'd be to have a pond someday with like a several hundred gallon above water aquarium sitting on it. If it was visible from my front porch I'd probably just live outside observing whatever came up into the tank from the pond. I fantasize about aquariums too much. Lol
That sounds really cool!!

PhillyKev

Hmmm, this just gave me an idea. 2 tanks side by side, holes drilled in sides, and connected with a glass tube. Like a hamster habitat. Would be interesting to raise some guppy feeders in one side and something too big to fit through the tube that eats them when the guppies wander through to the other side.

Rtessy

Hmmm, this just gave me an idea. 2 tanks side by side, holes drilled in sides, and connected with a glass tube. Like a hamster habitat. Would be interesting to raise some guppy feeders in one side and something too big to fit through the tube that eats them when the guppies wander through to the other side.
Now that's an idea! AJE had an idea a while back about a turtle tank with little cages/bins that guppies and cherry shrimp can fit in and hide in but the turtles can't. This would be like an advanced version of that!

Snailerator

Lol

derpychicken

I know I'm suuuuuppppppeeerrrrrr late, but there are these things called aquarium bridges. It uses the vacuum in the upside down tank thing and it connects two tanks by going over them. No need to cut glass, just some pvp pipes should do the trick.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RishonRJ
  • Question
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
  • Question
50 Gallon Tank Breeding common goldfish
Replies
Views