Goldfish and Plecos

James95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Akari_32 said:
You better decide quick because he's being extremely aggressive to my sailfin pleco and tearing her to shreds (and she's twice his size!). If he does much more damage, he'll be living at the lfs LOL He doesn't bother the other fish (goldfish) though, and he is such a looker.
Sheesh! Sounds like quite the feisty little guy! I think I'll pass

Kiara1125

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Akari, you better decide quick on if you wanna keep him or not. lol Do you have another tank for him?

James, I'm glad your pleco is doing such a good job. If Plecy is fine in a 65 gallon, I'm pretty sure yours will be just fine.

James95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks, Kiara! I'm sure he'll be fine for a while. At least until he gets a bit bigger!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As long as there's no one on the bottom with him, he's good. He's just very bold. I think he needs a little "action" *cough*cough* He only bothers the other pleco. Doesn't pay attention to the goldfish or platies at all.

I don't have another tank for him. My only other tank large enough has a breeding pair in there, and I don't want him to tear up my long finned male. I need time to go to the lfs when they're open and see if he'll take him lol

James95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
On a totally different note... I'm also thinking about replacing my canister filters. I have two eheim classics. A 2215 (164gph, rated up to 96 gallons) on the 65 gallon and a 2213 (116gph, rated up to 66 gallons) on the 55 gallon. I feel like another brand of canister could do a much better job with a higher flow rate!

I'm looking into the rena filstars and the fluval 06 series

Kiara1125

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ooooh, Akari, you better watch out! xD Hopefully he won't give your girl too much trouble though. I'll take him! I've always wanted a male BN. I'm stuck with a female albino right now and I had a female regular back when. Gimme! xD

No problem, James! I hope you enjoy your pleco.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like my Grech filters. They don't have a very high flow rate from what I understand though. But for the price, who cares?? LOL

James95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've never heard of this brand before! Any chance you could share a link to one?

EDIT: They look a lot like the aquatop canister filters I've seen for sale on a couple sites! They look like pretty decent filters, too...

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's because they *are* AquaTop filters

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads