Golden Wonder Killi - Urgent

Alisa12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My male golden wonder is upside down (he is still alive) and hes struggling to keep upright. Occasionally he'll swim to the top and then float back down. I dont know if hes dying or not, but my other fish seem to be fine. I've isolated him from the rest and I don't know how to help him.

Please help me guys I have no idea what could be wrong with him its as if someone tied a weight to the top of his head

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

It sounds like a swim bladder issue, there’s a possibility of treating with Epsom salt if there is a fluid build up impacting it. However, if it’s a gas issue, sometimes not feeding can also be helpful.

As a precaution, does it just seem like a swimming issue? Or do you see any other problems (ie; clamped fins, “shaking”, etc). Any recent/sudden changes + tank specs?

Alisa12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KinsKicks said:
Hello!

It sounds like a swim bladder issue, there’s a possibility of treating with Epsom salt if there is a fluid build up impacting it. However, if it’s a gas issue, sometimes not feeding can also be helpful.

As a precaution, does it just seem like a swimming issue? Or do you see any other problems (ie; clamped fins, “shaking”, etc). Any recent/sudden changes + tank specs?
He doesn't have clamped fins and the only recent change is last week I chaged put the gravel and replaced it with a different colour I also did an 80% water change during that time. I guess he is kinda shaking as if he's trying his best to moved but I think it is just a swim bladder problem. Is there anything that could've caused this?

brondo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
GWK's are basically swimming stomachs in my experience and it doesnt surprise me to hear if one with swim bladder issues. I have only dealt with is 1 time and the fish didnt make it. I hope it goes better for you, they are interesting little piggies

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom