Golden Wcmm?

Discussion in 'White Cloud Mountain Minnow' started by RyanC14, Mar 6, 2019.

1. RyanC14Valued MemberMember

I have 6 WCMM in my 10g tank. 2 of them have "regular" coloring and the other 4 have a whitish yellow coloring. I got them all at my LFS from the same tank and for the same price, but I'm not sure if they are golden or just regular coloration. Here's some pictures too. (All of the fish have the same coloring when I first got them as they do know)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  2. imbaWell Known MemberMember

The two in the pics are definitely regular ones, and the rest are Golden

3. BettaishValued MemberMember

Ah yes, the doom fish. ( I personally had terrible luck with them). They look awesome though, good luck! Imba is correct, 4 are golden, 2 are regulars.

4. NickolouseNew MemberMember

I have 8 current in my tank and dont have terrible luck with them. I did have trouble getting my golden one to school with the rest of them though.

5. BettaishValued MemberMember

Yeah, maybe I just got a bad batch. Don't think I'd ever keep them again though.

6. RyanC14Valued MemberMember

That's unfortunate, but i personally love them

7. jaderivfNew MemberMember

i find wcmms to be some of the hardiest fish ever. bulletproof, i'd say. currently have a shoal of 15. active, colorful (especially when the shoal is of mixed strains), and the dominant males are so unbelievably stunning. oof. gorgeous boys. my current most dominant male is the regular charcoal grey, and his finnage is so full, it lays in luxurious folds when he's relaxed. simply stunning. i wish i had an awesome camera to capture it.

8. BettaishValued MemberMember

Same! I don't know why, they just are.

9. imbaWell Known MemberMember

Agreed, white clouds are such beautiful fish, yet hardy and easy to keep.

Below are just some of my lemon white clouds displaying to each other.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. SuperD14Valued MemberMember

White clouds are the second fish I ever started with. A small aquarium outside someone’s house saying take me, took it home, rewired the plug and set it up. Had them for 3 years and around 3 different tank changes

11. Redshark1Fishlore VIPMember

I have Golden ones, a dozen in a 20 long in fact and think they are great fish.

The only difficulty I have is keeping the temperature down in summer as this is the time I lose a few.

This year they are going into the garden in my water butt as soon as the temperature rises over 75F in their tank.

They really should be kept at around 70F I believe which is what they are kept at the rest of the year.