Golden Killifish Behaviour

Gecky

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Recently I got four killifish, I'm positive one is a male but I'm not sure about the other three but anyways, They haven't been exploring the tank at all. They have been sitting at the top of the tank for the past week. My tank is 75 gallons and stocked with zebra danios and dojo loaches. The ph is fine and the temp is as well. They eat fine but they just do nothing other then swim at the top of the water.
20190227_163354.jpg
20190227_163410.jpg

Alisa12345

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Killifish are supposed to sit near the surface. They'll rarely swim anywhere else. There's nothing wtong with yours that's just how they are

OP
Gecky

Gecky

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks lol, making sure I wasn't going crazy there

Willis19

Reaction score
When I first got my GW killifish, he spent all his time at the top, but now, 2 months later, he spends about 67% of the time at the top.

brondo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I just rehomed my pair that spent 30% of their time at the top, the rest terrorizing the rest of the tank, eating everything in site. It was a bummer, but its a community tank and they were jerks. They had started breeding too. I found a single fry. He spends 98%.at the top but he is really small still.

fish 321

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My golden wonder killifish stay at the top. Fun fact they have a third eye on the rop of their head which is called a parietal eye which can sense changes in light above so they can escape predators since they spend most of their time at the surface.

fish 321

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Also in the top picture the closest one looks like a male and the other one looks like a female and the bottom picture is a male.

New Threads