Golden Dojo Loach

mariatheoranda

I impulse bought a golden dojo loach.. anything important I need to know, or any tips? So far ive read every article on Google and have the tank parameters pristine, the tank is also warm with an undergravel filter.

Nataku

What size tank?
What are the other inhabitants?
What is 'warm'?
If you've read articles you would realize dojos actually prefer cooler waters.
Just one dojo?

2211Nighthawk

They get big (My two are 8” and Junne’s is over 10 inches), should be in a 4’ tank, are very sociable and love groups, dig into sand/similar substance, like cool water, (75 is their max, mine is at 72,) and are hilarious.

mariatheoranda

What size tank?
What are the other inhabitants?
What is 'warm'?
If you've read articles you would realize dojos actually prefer cooler waters.
Just one dojo?

Yes, just one, that was all they had in the aquarium.
And yes, I did recently figure that out! The article said warm water, but I found out I was reading an article about another loach :/ my bad
He is in an isolation tank right now, but I plan to move him in with my fancy goldfish
They get big (My two are 8” and Junne’s is over 10 inches), should be in a 4’ tank, are very sociable and love groups, dig into sand/similar substance, like cool water, (75 is their max, mine is at 72,) and are hilarious.
Alrightey then! Thank you for the information, could fine gravel work instead of sand?

2211Nighthawk

Yes, just one, that was all they had in the aquarium.
And yes, I did recently figure that out! The article said warm water, but I found out I was reading an article about another loach :/ my bad
He is in an isolation tank right now, but I plan to move him in with my fancy goldfish

Alrightey then! Thank you for the information, could fine gravel work instead of sand?
As long as it is very smooth. I have pool filter sand in mine

C304CB9F-57B5-4A55-8BE5-A798FE03789E.png
3574E236-40CC-4753-A4D2-092EB5323064.png

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
Replies
Views
Carolyn Johnson
Replies