Golden Barb Is Very Poorly Help! Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by connielewis1uk, May 16, 2019.

1. connielewis1uk

connielewis1ukNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    So my fish has been slowly getting worse for a couple weeks now, it started as just wonky swimming (thinking this was swim bladder disease) so we treated the tank with interpet swim bladder solution. However during this time she started getting worse and a bulge grew on one of her eyes, which we then treated for pop eye disease...now she has these white spots all over her which we aren’t sure if it’s white spot disease or ich as they seem to be growing from her scales and enlarged? She had one growing from her chin/lip area and on both sides of her body, worse on one side. Really not pleasant and she is struggling to swim and is constantly gasping for air?

We’re not really sure what we can do for her at the moment? It’s difficult as she is with other fish but as it being a tropical tank it’s difficult to separate her from the other fish as she needs heater and filters etc?

Anyone have any advice or help! Desperate on what to do as she seems in so much pain! So sad to watch... IMG_5061.JPGIMG_5062.JPGIMG_5066.JPGIMG_5060.JPG

2. WTFish?

WTFish?Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3,036
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Oh wow, I’m so sorry. I do not know what this is, maybe someone else can help. Honestly it looks like it might be time to euthanize.

3. MikeRad89

MikeRad89Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,435
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Needs to be euthanized if it hasn't died already