Gold Severum with Stringy White Poop

Arkodios

This is kind of a sequel to a previous post. I have a 72 gallon tank that had 2 gold severums. After
one of my severums would hide in plants and in corners, not even coming out to eat, I was sure he was sick. Sure enough, after a few days, he got Ich. I raised the temperature to 86F/30C and treated with some Ich medication. Shortly, his Ich went away and no one died. I brought the temp back down to 79F/26C. Despite the Ich going away, this fish still acted weird for weeks, which prompted me to post about it to no avail. He died a day or two after I posted. I thought that was the end of it. Now, a few weeks after, my other severum is acting the same. No Ich, though it is now hiding and acting weird. New symptoms showed up, however, and this one now trembles or shakes almost aggressively every few minutes, and it has a string of poop hanging out of it. The poop is mucus-y/slimy, mostly clear but has a lot of green on it too. It has been hanging out for the past 20-30 minutes. However, it still eats like normal. It’s probably my most gastronomically curious fish, it eats like everything. Even tries to eat my finger when I put it in the tank. So, it certainly is not having a lack of diet, but I’m not sure what’s wrong.

Unfortunately, as if I’m not having enough fish problems, my 72 gallon is suddenly leaking, so I had to move the fish to a 20 gallon tank. However, the parameters are: 7.0 pH, 0 ammonia/nitrite, and around 20ppm nitrate. Temperature is at 79F/26C. I mostly feed my fish bloodworm cubes, brine shrimp cubes, and New-Life Spectrum garlic pellets, alternating between the 3 with no feedings on Wednesdays or Sundays. I should hopefully have the fish back in their tank in 2-3 days. The tank is populated with:
2 Discus, 3 Pearl Gouramis, 1 Blue Gourami, 5 Angelfish, 1 Gold Severum, 6 Shwartz Corys, 3 Mystery Snails, 2 Plecos (species unknown)

I attached a photo of the Severum’s hanging poop

awilkinson871

Anytime I see stringy white or clear poop I think of intestinal parasites. In fact, I have started treating for internal parasites during quarantine before they go in my main tank because they are so common and I rarely know where the fish came from.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mc12345
Replies
Views
jonnyc88
Replies
Views
mc12345
Replies
Views