Gold Saum/green Terror Rivulatus?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Eden5903, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Eden5903Valued MemberMember

So there is a Gold Saum at my LFS and it looks like it is going to be a show room/extremely coloured fish but is it?

It looks like an adult one but is only 4cm big. It has soooooo much colour. Tomorrow I am going to get a pic of it.

Just imagine an adult one but a lighter blue and a white stripe. If it has a white stripe, does it mean it's a white Saum?

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Not sure about it being white, but it sounds to me like a pretty nice fish.
    I've seen Green Terrors before, but not gold.

3. OP
    OP
    E

Eden5903Valued MemberMember

Yeah. I have a lot of pet/fish stores near me and this is the best looking Gold Saum I've seen. I might breed it If It turns out good.

At the other fish stores, the Gold saums are at the same size but sometimes (rarely) have an orange or gold stripe. I live in Australia and we really only have access to the fish inside Australia.

What is your opinion on breeding it?

The first one is it at the store. The second one is it in my tank 930988107e32642a83890e9a250ac127.jpg

05582179321e24bbc661732383bb12a7.jpg

So I bought a 5cm Jack Dempsey and Gold Saum from my LFS and I have already acclimated them for 40 minutes and also tipping tank water into the bags.

(The tank light is off) they swam down to the bottom and saw my 11cm Oscar and both of them started swimming with my oscar. The Oscar just seems interested.

The gold saum is hiding but the JD and O are swimming around

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
  4. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Threads have been merged so all the information is in one place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice