Gold Ram With Pandas?

Quentin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ive read everywhere that you cannot have good rams with panda Cory but has anyone had any experience with the two? I found a gold ram at my lfs and had an impulse buy without realizing him and my panda cories live in separate temperatures (I’m new to aquariums I feel like an idiot for making this mistake) is there any way they can live together?

Diane 007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ive read everywhere that you cannot have good rams with panda Cory but has anyone had any experience with the two? I found a gold ram at my lfs and had an impulse buy without realizing him and my panda cories live in separate temperatures (I’m new to aquariums I feel like an idiot for making this mistake) is there any way they can live together?
What temperature do you have them at? The ram needs 82 and I believe the cory's max out at 77! IMO this is not a good combination

Quentin

Valued Member
Reaction score
What temperature do you have them at? The ram needs 82 and I believe the cory's max out at 77! IMO this is not a good combination
It’s at 80 right now and everyone is doing great both the ram and the cories swim around constantly and eat everything I put into the tank

I also have no idea if the Ram is actually a gold, I’ve has very mixed responses he was in a tank marked Bolivians but does not look like one

Last edited by a moderator:

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it’s your avatar it’s a gold faced blue ram. Ok I have your combo now. Both at 78*. So many will not approve but I do it .

Diane 007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I also have no idea if the Ram is actually a gold, I’ve has very mixed responses he was in a tank marked Bolivians but does not look like one
Can you post a pic? If it is a Bolivian they, like the panda's prefer cooler temps. Bolivians are great

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My pandas didn't do well at all in my tank at 78/80°F when I first started, but it could be also the deep tank I tried to keep them in too. I'm not sure what the problem was in other words. But I keep my BN pleco at 80°F with GBRs and it works for me, but others might disagree as @86 ssinit said.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Pandas will not do well at that high of a temperature. There’s no overlap in temperature compatibility unfortunately.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
From what I gather so far, panda cories in particular are not great with higher temps. I wouldn't go higher than 78°F for them at any cost. Ime, GBRs are ok at 78°F, but do much better at 80°F and above.

There are cories that tolerate higher temps like sterbai (they are rather large) aldofoi and duplicareus.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yeah let’s all agree nobody will just drop dead slightly out of their temperature range, but do best in that range.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom