Gold Ram Gender And Behavior!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by thisindianguy, Apr 21, 2017.

1. thisindianguyNew MemberMember

Hey fellow fish lovers! This is my first day and first thread on this forum! I have to two questions! I got this gold ram like almost a month ago and was wondering if it's a male?

Also when I first got the ram, it was shy and my other GloFish tetra would always go near it out of curiosity and now the past couple of days, the ram took over the bubble wand area and is chasing off others that go into that area and it's all colored up bright now since the time I had gotten it ....I was wondering is this normal and would it have a effect on other tank mates? It's a 29G housed with a neon male dwarf gourami, 2 GloFish tetra, 2 male guppies, 3 Cory cats.

:)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  2. mac12340Valued MemberMember

I think it's a male

3. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

Thats a nice ram never seen one like that and it sounds like hes settled in and found his feet hes the boss now lol

4. thisindianguyNew MemberMember

I'm leaning towards male as well!

Thank you! I actually returned a GloFish tetra the day I got the Ram because it was trying to be too 'friendly' lol I think I should've waited haha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice