Gold Panda Molly tank size?

Joker666
Hi, I have a gold dust molly, what is the ideal tank size? I have a 20 gallon and plan to add 4 more goldust mollies, so 5 goldust molly in a 20 gallon. Is that fine? Are 20 gallons good for mollies?

maddiegrace
Hi, I have a gold dust molly, what is the ideal tank size? I have a 20 gallon and plan to add 4 more goldust mollies, so 5 goldust molly in a 20 gallon. Is that fine? Are 20 gallons good for mollies?
That should be fine!

Joker666
jackywacky
well if you want to be 100% sure what's the other stocking. plants real or fake if any? water params? filter type?

Joker666
well if you want to be 100% sure what's the other stocking. plants real or fake if any? water params? filter type?
well i want to add 5 platies as well. So just 5 platies(4 females, 1 male.) and 5 mollies(4 females and 1 male). Plants are fake, and I have spiderwood. Filter is a sponge filter and a HOB. Params: ammonia, nitrite, nirate are all zero. And pH is around 7.4 and gH is 196. Im working on both pH and Gh to correct it slowly

emeraldking
If that's the number of fish you wanna put in there a 20g will do fine. But do consider that they will have offspring that may need some more space as well...

jackywacky
yeah it'll be good, just remember about offspring!

airfix2
20 gallons is good for mollies as long as they aren't sailfin mollies. those guys get huge.

Joker666
20 gallons is good for mollies as long as they aren't sailfin mollies. those guys get huge.
Whats sailfin? I have gold panda molly. Gold Panda molly
This, is the molly I have

maddiegrace
It's a breed of mollies. Pic for reference.

maddiegrace
Ok then it will be fine

maddiegrace
I don't click on links that I don't know anything about, but I know what gold panda mollies are :)
Please click on this link, this is the one I have.

Even 5 of those mollies which I sent a picture of? 4 females and 1 male?
Yeah they'll be fine to live together

Joker666
I don't click on links that I don't know anything about, but I know what gold panda mollies are :)

Yeah they'll be fine to live together
The link is literally about gold dust mollies. U can also see my tank for reference if u aren’t comfortable with the link. 1 male molly and 2 female platies, and I am planning to add 4 female mollies and 2 female platies and 1 male platy. Henceforth, 5 gold dust mollies and 5 platies in a 20 gallon tank. So is that fine?

Attachments

• 5485E041-D5B4-48EA-839F-6417A749909E.jpeg
    5485E041-D5B4-48EA-839F-6417A749909E.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 10
maddiegrace
I love your tank setup! That'll be perfectly fine to put those fish in there, you have plenty of room for them

Top Bottom