Gold Panchax lost color

1. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

My gf bought two Gold Panchax a few days ago & put them in her community tank with a keyhole, 2 Otos & 8 Rummynose. I know, the rummynose will probably end up as food but she doesn't want to listen to that.

Anyway the Panchax have lost the nice gold color they supposedly had in the shop & are now just a plain white color. I wasn't with her when she bought them but she reckons they were very yellow & is quite dissapointed that they are now all white. I know they will have lost thier color while they were stressed from transport but I thought after a few days the color would have started to return. They are in a heavily planted, low light, (1.4wpg) tank each, (had to split them up) & the water conditions are excellent. Both tanks PH 7.2, GH 8, KH 6, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0 & Nitrate 5-10. They seem to be acting normally & are eating very well. I feed them frozen Daphnia & Bloodworms as well as Nutrafin tropical flake.

Can anyone tell me if there is a reason for them staying so faded or is it just a thing with Panchax? Do they take a long time to settle in or something like that?

2. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

What is the size of the tank?

3. Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

One is in an 90x30x35cm tank the other is in a 60x25x28cm tank. Both are heavily planted. The fish in the smaller tank is by itself. No tankmates at all.