Gold dojo loach fish

Nightmare08080

I just put CaribSea Super Naturals aquarium sand in my tank with my three loach fish after they’ve had gravel (i was researching sand) and all of a sudden my loaches are acting very unusual as well as the sand seems to be getting stuck to them? Is this normal? Am I freaking out over nothing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 12

Basil

How are they acting unusual?

Upvote 0

Nightmare08080

It’s as if they’re not wanting to touch the sand, a little more erratic than normal, however as it’s sat longer they seem to be doing better
How are they acting unusual?
Just now one of my loaches just started having issues like he’s struggling to swim and floating when he was perfectly fine before the sand

Upvote 0

Basil

It’s as if they’re not wanting to touch the sand, a little more erratic than normal, however as it’s sat longer they seem to be doing better

Just now one of my loaches just started having issues like he’s struggling to swim and floating when he was perfectly fine before the sand
Hmm. I wonder if changing their environment has upset them. I *slightly* rescaped my Queen loach tank and they were definitely a bit upset.
I’ve never kept dojos but a lot of posters on the FB group Loach Fanatics keep them. From what I’ve seen posted, they seem to be susceptible to gas build up but I’m not even going to pretend that I know what to do about that!
Hopefully, a knowledgeable dojo owner will post soon!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
Replies
Views
A201
  • Question
Replies