30 Gallon Tank Gold Barbs Tankmates In A 33 Gallon ?

Denison

Hi,
So, I recently bought a 33 gallon tank and I now have live plants, a rock, a piece of driftwood in it with 6 gold barbs, 6 KuhlI loaches and 3 platies (They were a gift). I wanted to know what other fish I could put in my fish tank. I would like some sort of centerpiece fish. My friend recommended me angelfish but I am afraid of the fin nipping, I was going for maybe dwarf gouramis, or maybe pearl gouramis or tiger barbs, do you think it would be possible ? Also, I have been wondering, how aggresive are red tail sharks, and would it be possible to get one as well ?
Thank you for your answers in advance.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

philip884551

I wouldn't put angelfish with tiger barbsI did that mistake when I first got my tank and the barbs ripped the shreds my angelfish and the tiger barbs would most likely nip the gourami feelers redtail sharks are aggressive but would probably work with the tigerbarbs if I was you I would just get other types of barbs to go with your tigerbarbs

Denison

Thank you for your replay,
So how many tiger barbs should I get with my gold barbs ? I will definitly get a red tail shark in the end, one of my favorite fish
Also, do you believe any sort of gourami would work, maybe with shorter feelers ?

philip884551

You would want a minimum of six tigerbarbs more the better as they will spread the aggression on each other you could try a gourami if you have a big group of barbs their may leave it alone but the first sign of nipping you will have to remove the gourami

Denison

Alright, thank you very much for your replies

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MartintheBNpleco
Replies
Views
Hellfishguy
  • Question
Replies